Homeowner's or Renter's Insurance


What risks does your policy cover?

It depends where you live, but standard homeowners insurance policies will typically help pay to repair damage caused by certain risks, or perils, including:

  • Theft
  • Fire and smoke
  • Windstorm or hail
  • Falling objects
  • Frozen plumbing
  • Water damage from plumbing, water heater, heating or cooling system or appliance

How can an agent help protect your home?

They work to understand your unique needs so they can help you get the coverage that fits your life and home. Specifically, Allstate agents can:

  • Explain your home insurance coverage options
  • Find discounts to save on your home insurance premium
  • Help you understand the home claims process

Types of coverages

 See what's typically covered for people living in Virginia.

  • Dwelling coverage - Protects the structure of your house, such as the roof and walls
  • Personal property coverage - Protects what's inside your home, like furniture, even if it's damaged or stolen outside the house
  • Other structures - Protects the physical structure of buildings on your property separate from your home, such as a detached garage
  • Liability protection - Defends and protects you if a person sues you after being injured on your property or after you damage their property
  • Guest medical protection - Pays medical expenses for someone who's injured on your property
  • Additional living expenses protection - Covers increased expenses if your home is uninhabitable after a covered loss